The lha archive which accompanies this text file contains the TurboCalc Demo
Version 3.5 (Final Release, 13-Oct-95) and its subdirectories. Please, read
the read.me and license file first.
This is the final release, major changes since the first beta
* Now fully localized, including <Paste-Function>, <Format-Numeric Format>
* Window Refresh has been sped up: see <Options-Screen-Smartrefresh>
* Input order of dates now changed to "Month-Day-Year", if
this order is selected in <Options-Locale>
Changes since the second beta release:
* (optional) datatyes.library support
* scalable toolbar
* German files added
This textfile gives you first information about TC`s new capabilities.
Product Information for TurboCalc 3.5
© 1993-95 by Michael Friedrich
TurboCalc 3.5 is the powerful successor to the program TurboCalc 2.0,
which defined a new standard for spread-sheet analysis on the Amiga.
TurboCalc 3.5 uses an enhanced, easy-to-use user interface, utilising
numerous innovations such as Drag & Drop for copying/moving or filling with
the mouse, even easier selection of functions, freezing of sheet titles or
the displayable status row. A multiple Undo/Redo of a variable depth
reverses the effect of erroneous data or commands and can save much work,
as can the Autosave and Backup options.
Thanks to the new object concept which allows insertion and printing of
charts, texts, drawings, IFF-images ... directly in the sheet, sheets can
now be more effectively created and designed.
Charts (e.g. the new 3D bar and pie charts) can be directly placed beside
the appropriate number sequence. Longer texts can be compactly accomodated
in a cell comprising several lines. The formfeed visible in the sheet as
well as the print preview funct on assist in achieving optimal layout on
screen, saving both paper and time.
All this can be committed to paper with using improved print routines, or
be integrated in your text processing software as IFF graphics or text (via
file or clipboard).
A database mask is now available to allow easier management of your
The most significant enhancements:
- Objects (chart, text, drawing, picture...) can be directly
inserted into the sheet and have a macro attached, and also
be printed in the graphic mode.
- Cells may contain several lines.
- Drag-and-Drop for moving/copying/changing the size of blocks
by the mouse.
- Multiple Undo/Redo
- Chart module vastly expanded (new chart types, 3D, Auto-
- Preview for the printing of graphics (from OS2.0 on).
- Formfeed visible in the sheet.
- Data-Mask for an easier input/display of data records.
- Status row displayable with short online-help.
- (Maximal) number of columns increased: now up to 18278 columns
can be used (A..ZZZ) [together with up to 9 999 999 rows]
- Clipboard support for easy data exchange with text
- Sheets can be saved as IFF-images (e.g. for an easy export to
text processing programs).
- Autosave (every x minutes, alternatively the last version will
- New Import & Export-Formats: Excel 4 (XLS) and Lotus 123 (.WK1/.WKS)
both can import formulas, the xls-filter even keeps most
of the cell formatting.
- Fast and easy access to the last used projects via "SmartOpen"
- Encrypting sheets using a very sophisticated cryptograhic
- Complete support of OS2.x/3.x (Locale support, memory-
- (optional) datatyes.library support
- reqtools-Filerequester is supported
- Amiga-Guide help file can directly be accessed from TurboCalc.
(more than 700KByte)
- scalable toolbar
- Requester for inserting functions/macros now with
categories to allow an easier and faster access
- Many new functions/macros.
- TurboCalc-Libraries for an easy expansion of TurboCalc
with external functions, macros, objects, etc.
(Documentation to program own libraries included)
- Numerous general improvements (e.g. saving the cursor
position, special colors for every sheet, "hidden"
password inquiry ...)
Commodore Amiga, Kickstart 1.2/1.3, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1; at
least 1 MB RAM. Output on all common printers supported.