IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE A CLEANLY INSTALLED MORPHOS SDK 3.12!
The files in this archive will let you develop for WarpOS on a MorphOS
machine. When looking at the warpup/powerup gcc compiler version 2.95.3
I noticed that it was actually a powerup compiler with the warpup extensions
bolted on top of it using a custom gcc spec file.
As powerup evolved into MorphOS, they actually use the same ABI. The only
difference as I can tell is the __abox__ symbol being present in MorphOS
binaries and not in powerup ELF binaries.
So I adapted the spec files for various MorphOS gcc compilers firstly of SDK
version 3.10 and later 3.12. I also recompiled warpcollect for MorphOS.
Adaptations were also made to some of the powerup macros to let the newer
gcc compiler accept them (clobbers and such).
When invoking the gcc compiler for Morphos with the --specs=warpup option,
instead of linking with the default linker (for example collect2) warpcollect
is invoked which in its turn invokes Elf2Exe2 This will result in a WarpOS
gcc --specs=warpup -O2 helloworld.c -o helloworld.exe
Or for configure for example:
CFLAGS="--specs=warpup -O2" CPPFLAGS=--specs=warpup LDFLAGS=--specs=warpup
CXXFLAGS="--specs=warpup -O2" ./configure
At the moment the library looks for NOIXPATHS in ENVARC:. If set to 1 all
paths are converted to Amiga format. /GG becomes GG: for example.
- Don't forget to use the #pragma pack(2) / pack() combo when using AmigaOS
structures (that is, anything included from os-includeppc).
- Even better would be #pragma pack(push,2) / pack(pop) combo.
- This has only been tested with gcc 6.4 included with SDK 3.12.
- This is a work in progress. Stuff might be broken.
- COMPILED PROGRAMS WILL MAYBE NOT WORK (correctly) ON MOS. Make sure to
also test on a Classic PPC machine with WarpOS. Default stack on real WarpOS
and MOS systems is mostly insufficient (1-4KB). You may need to increase
stack to make a program work.
- Now you can use the more up-to-date binutils of MorphOS.
- Use of the newer 6.4.0 compiler for C and C++ (compared to the old 2.95.3)
- WarpOS uses a modified PowerOpen ABI while gcc uses SVR4 ABI. It can lead
to stack troubles when switching between the two. It is a first thing to
look at when stuff crash. That being said, I already compiled a lot with
these compilers and the only problem showed in minigl/Warp3D where a lot
of libraries are called in a row. A quick fix was put in place in
powerpc/warpup_macros.h for this.
- The internal errors of bsdsocket.library and newlib differ in some places.
To this end, two errno.h files are added. The original with just EAGAIN
adjusted and a modified AmiTCP (errno.h_bsdsocket).
CURRENT INCLUDED LIBRARIES:
- gcc(wos) 4.4.5
- stdc++ 5.3.0
- newlib 3.1.0
- bz2 1.0.6
- FLAC(++) 1.3.0
- freetype 2.9.1
- jpeg 9c
- lua 5.3.5 / 5.0.3
- mad 0.15.1b
- mgl 1.2
- mikmod 188.8.131.52
- ogg 1.3.3
- png 1.6.36 & 1.2 (png12)
- pthreads 2.0
- SDL 1.2.15
- SDL_image 1.2.12
- SDL_mixer 1.2.12
- SDL_net 1.2.8
- SDL_ttf 2.0.11
- tiff 4.0.10
- vorbis 1.3.6
- zlib 1.2.11
- amigawos 0.1.0
Changes from version 1.2:
- Updated SDL 1.2.14 to 1.2.15.
- malloc and friends now correctly return 0 when no memory available.
- Added libamigawos containing ArgArrayInit, ArgString, ArgInt, ArgArrayDone,
BeginIO, CreateExtIO, CreateStdIO, DeleteExtIO, DeleteStdIO, CreatePort,
DeletePort, CreateTask, DeleteTask, FastRand, HotKey, RangeRand, TimeDelay,
waitbeam. Also containing the constants ciaa, ciab, custom and AbsExecBase.
- Added missing LP3FP macro (for SetFunction()).
- Made more includes play nice with each other.
Changes from version 1.1:
- Corrected some includes regarding pthreads and networking.
- Corrected various constructor/deconstructor priorities.
- Printf Semaphore now freed upon exit.
- libSDL now correctly detects all altivec enabled CPUs.
- Added missing LP74A macro (for AddAppIcon()).
- Updated inputevent.h with new mouse types.
- Added cgxvideo includes.
- Fixed loss of focus when playing games in a window with the mouse.
- Added (missing) relative mouse mode. No more invisible mouse barriers.
- Fixed some of the netinclude includes.
- Warpcollect now points to correct path of ld.
- Reinstated cybergraphx folder (copy from cybergraphics) for convenience.
- Added fnmatch() function from Frank Wille's PosixLib.
Changes from version 1.0:
- Corrected the config files in /bin to reflect new paths.
- libSDL_wos has been renamed to libSDL.
- libSDL now shows correct colors again on MOS.
- Function isatty now correctly detects redirected stdin/out.
- Trying to close stdin/out now fails silently (no ENOENT).
- Updated newlib from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0.
- Updated FLAC from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0.
- Added FLAC++.
- Updated freetype from 2.8 to 2.9.1.
- Updated jpeg from 9b to 9c.
- Added lua from 5.3.5. Old lua now called lua50.
- Updated mikmod from 3.1.12 to 184.108.40.206.
- Updated ogg from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3.
- Updated png from 1.6.34 to 1.6.36.
- Updated tiff from 4.0.9 to 4.0.10.
- Added libtiffxx.
- Updated vorbis from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6.
- Recompiled other libs with 6.4.0 and newlib 3.1.0 (they were from 5.3.0).
- Added popen() and pclose() from Frank Wille's PosixLib to libglosswos.
- Added pthreads from Szilard Biro, version 2.0 (see Aminet).
Use -D_POSIX_THREADS while using -lpthread. Does not work 100% on MOS.
- Child processes now correctly inherit stdin/stdout/stderr.
- Printf is now protected by a semaphore.
- Added creat() function.
- Fixed minigl includes.
Changes from mos2wos non-lite version 0.9:
- The malloc family uses AllocPooledPPC/FreePooledPPC. However, real WarpOS
has an undocumented feature that saves the size of the memory request
which gets loaded when FreePooledPPC gets a size of 0. However, the MOS
emulation of WOS does not do this. This has been fixed.
- The SDL library now should output correct colors on BVPPC and CVPPC. The
library was adapted to Voodoo/Radeon but the Mediator has a built-in
endian converter which of course is not the case with BVPPC/CVPPC. This
was fixed by Wrangler.
- Open files now use an internal buffer of 16k. Originally this was 512 bytes.
Some recompiled programs/games will now load data (much) faster. Use the
function setvbuf() to change this. Suggestion by Grelbfarik.
- Correct sys/reent.h added.
- Stripped all support for GCC version 4 and 5 and the libnix C library.
Only newlib is now supported.
- Cleaned up the various folders.
For earlier changes see the gcc-mos2wos package on aminet. That package will
no longer be supported. However, you can still copy the contents of this
archive to the correct folders of the old mos2wos package to upgrade it.
- If the Elf2Exe2 source can be supplied, any host with target ppc-morphos
could compile also for WarpOS. Please let me know if you have it or know
where to find it (It actually already can. but you would have to invoke
- Please report stuff that doesn't work to me. It would be even better if you
could also supply the fix :-) I'll then re-upload a fixed version.